peace & unrest

*files older than September '09 are here.

about.
Peace & Unrest is a Sims fan blog. When a download is for the Sims 3, the post will state so clearly in the title. The archives above will lead you to older posts and custom content for the Sims 2. You are free to do anything you want with my creations, just drop me a line via .

tags.
To make things simpler (or get you totally lost in the maze that is this blog):
annoyance || apartment || bedroom || desktop || dining || i have a life outside the sims || kitchen || living || misc || non-download || obsessing || outdoor || patio || pattern || picture story || skin - af || study || sims 4 only || sims 3 only || sims 1 only.

credits.
layout is by Cia: (Blog | Acc) and modifications are my own.
link inspiration from: Alissa. xoxo
images from: 50 watts.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Casual games are corny and pointless. But sometimes I run out of things to do (which is saying something in this world of constant chaotic business). I'd rather not be left alone with my thoughts, so I find ways to distract myself. Love and Death was one such way - a hidden object game that feeds off of the current vampire hype. And the vampire in it is named Damon *coughvampirediariescough* ... talk about original.
The lady heroine is called Victoria, and while I believe that name's another cliche in its own right, I think it might just be me. hehe..

That said, some of the settings in the game are amazingly rich and beautiful. The details are really well-drawn, and the light effects add warmth to the still environments - at times there are actual animated dust particles descending with the light. Damon's chamber was so good that I instantly felt inspired just looking at it:


I tried to make something similar to the above in the Sims 2, and moderately succeeded - except mine looked all dark and dinghy, even after the addition of roses here and there. Alas, soon I  felt my interest wane. I was reminded of the time when creating for the Sims 2 used to be such a creative high ... dorky as that sounds. Now it takes eons for me to actually find the time to create things, and even then I don't feel too inspired. A hectic real life does not help things, nor does having a depressive disposition (insert melancholic smiley here). I didn't even bother to go back and take in-game pictures of the vampire's room. So I think it is safe to declare a hiatus, hopefully a temporary one; I won't close the blog obviously, and will try to post now and again with some small offering - downloadables hopefully. But for now I am not playing the Sims 2. Indefinite silence starts now.

Labels: , ,



leaving?
clutter-a-holic limelove spring 4 sims nonsensica femme fatale miss tiikeri salix sims grito newtlco ritsukacom strawberry mousse street kid stereo